Friday, September 21, 2012

Two Angels on Earth

As we got to the hospital a little girl was in the waiting room. She walked over around the stroller to look at Taylor. The minute their eyes met it was as if two angels began to see each other here on earth after so many years. Taylor, who was very sleepy and quite began to giggle and thoroughly enjoyed her company at that exact second. She was a thirteen year old girl, who like Taylor was in the hospital frequently.

We asked what she was there for and she said very sadly she had to be put under for surgery again. After being born at 28 weeks she lived a hard life of constant surgeries and the usual medical problems frequent visitors of Phoenix Children's Hospital had. She showed scars on her neck and told us how she had a fundoapplication and G Tube to help feed her. Similar to what Taylor would be needing soon.


But, I strongly believe that Taylor has 2Q37 Deletion Syndrome for a reason. That she is not only here to help her family, but others as well. I saw how comforted that thirteen year old girl became after she saw how excited and giggly Taylor was with her. So no matter what had happened that day, I saw a miracle. I saw two of God's angels that had met again here on earth after so many years. I hope someday we see Latasha again and she lives a beautiful long life just like Taylor.

Thank you Maria Piork for helping edit. Please be sure to follow her at Marialovestowrite.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenna, it's Flo, the gal you met at the zoo. I enjoyed looking through your blog and have to tell you the video on this post had me smiling and crying. Your right, definitely 2 angels and I wonder what our angels would tell us once we are on the other side of this life and their imperfect bodies are replaced by perfection. I'm betting we'll be more amazed than we are now by our children. So glad I met you. Feel free to check out our family blog at montierthfamily.blogspot.com. I do write a little about Down Syndrome but mostly about life and family. It all comes down to those moments - moments where we connect, like the one I had with you, a total stranger at the zoo! Best wishes on your journey, keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete