Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Special Order

It has been a while since I wrote but, here it goes! Just a recap Taylor is doing phenomenal!!! She learned to talk at 3 years old when she began school and now she talks up a storm! We laugh at all the silly things she thinks of and how dramatic she is. It's been a true blessing for her to be around other kids her age. She also, was donated gymnastics lessons (Thank You Firestorm Cheer) which, she asks everyday to go do flips and will definitely be in her future!! So, watch out for her at the Olympics! And this summer she learned to swim!!! YES! Ms. Taylor diagnosed with 2Q37 Deletion Syndrome can swim! As my Friend, Misty said, Gravity was holding her back. We are so proud of her and she is actually very impressive with her swimming skills!

Remind yourself always, Life does not end after a Diagnosis. That's all it is, is a diagnosis. Yes, there are things that come up (like Taylor having heart surgery tomorrow) but, our life is not like most and that is okay. That's Life, right?

A beautiful Younique Sister of mine recently sent me a video... A man was irritated because his food had taken so much longer then everyone else. Even the people at the other table who sat down after him. He asked the waitress, "Why? Why is my order taking so long?"

The Waitress Replied, "Your order is a special order and takes longer to make."

It reminded me of our life. There are things that I wish I could do or things I wish I did not have to deal with as a mother of a child with special needs but, she is exactly that! SPECIAL! She touches hearts of others that I have NEVER seen before, even complete strangers, not to mention myself.

God put extra time into her with her special spirit. If you look around you will see how much your child has affected others. Taylor may have taken 2 1/2 years to learn to walk but, she walks and some cannot say that. She may still have a G Tube but, she can eat and drink now too. It may have taken longer but, she is doing it and I will be there every step of the way to cheer her on.

It is only a diagnosis. It will only hinder what you have it hinder or how you perceive it to be. So, when you are discouraged or not sure how it will end, just remember, you have a Very Special Order Being Prepared.

3 comments:

  1. I just love this, such an inspiration for all. That inspiration is Taylor for others with her condition showing her strong will to continue and overcome all her hurdles and YOU for the inspiration you give all mothers! Stay strong my friend ,
    much love to your family, keeping you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is "SO" beautiful:-) I don't think I could get through writing something like this about my Lexi but I want to:-) someday>>god bless you both!

    ReplyDelete