Saturday, April 22, 2017

Genetic Testing - Part 2

FINALLY! The day had arrived. In reality it had been over five years of waiting for this test to be done. Then, not to mention the unanswered doctor appointments we had been going to for the last 8 months. When we were first told the test was an option we were afraid that one would blame their-self or we'd blame each other. But, after time settled we accepted that we had no idea! How could we have known?? So, whether we caused Taylor's syndrome, I had to believe it was meant to be and that was God's plan.


It was an early rainy Tuesday morning that Max and I went into the doctors to get our blood drawn. We had asked for some alone time so we could say a prayer... obviously, I am hoping and praying that we are not carriers for Taylor's syndrome and wanting to be completely shellfish! But, believe it or not (haha) I have learned that I have to be careful what I ask for - like... with Taylor I was just determined that all I wanted was a girl, well I got my girl for sure. So, Max being the leveled one in the relationship prayed that we would be strong, that the test would work and we would understand whatever the results were, were meant to be.

Max decided to go first and I thought he was going to pass out! lol He does not like needles at all. As I watched him and snapped some pictures he'd kill me for taking, I fell more and more in love with him at that moment. He was 100% by my side for us! For us to grow our little family and possibly give me that second child of my own I so desperately wanted. See, Max has two older children so, with Taylor that made three and well to most, that's the perfect number of kids, right?? But, it is hard in a separated family and even though I love Jacob and Alexus as my own, I am still not their mother nor will I ever be. They have a mom who loves them unconditionally. So, it was important for me to have another child of my own. And like I mentioned in part 1 - we just weren't passing off as 5 year old with Taylor.

I then took the test and we were out of there... it only took about 10 minutes and one large vial of blood each. We left, me feeling anxious, excited but, terrified at the same time. We were told it would take about 2 weeks to get the results. I stalked my phone just hoping they would have an answer sooner and call with results.

The call finally came and we were told... we are NOT carriers for Taylor's syndrome!!! I was relieved and then, with close family who we told immediately, I was asked, "How did Taylor get it, then?" We do not know. Thankfully for me, I believe in a higher power and believe that every now and then we need angels on earth to remind us of how precious life truly is. And well, Taylor definitely is my angel on earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment