Thursday, August 2, 2012

My Tiny Toes

I thought I’d share a funny story with you guys this week. 
 
When Taylor was barely a couple months old and before Max and I were aware of her syndrome we noticed a peculiar detail: every pair of shoes she owned were too big on her, even the newborn type. Now, if you’ve ever seen Taylor's closet you know the girl has outfits to last a lifetime and as far as I was concerned she needed to have the shoes to match, of course. So, when purchasing new shoes I took the concept of her clothing, 3mos-6mos; this should work right? Wrong! At least that was the case with Taylor.

So one day I’m having Taylor try different shoes on and none of them fit and I was appalled, how could these manufacturers not be able to get baby shoes right?! I was convinced all manufacturers were highly incompetent. Now, several months later fully aware that 2Q37 Deletion Syndrome children are prone to having smaller feet I laugh at how I quickly I generalized and lumped ALL manufactures in the same inept category. And yes, don’t worry, I won’t be writing any further complaint letters to Old Navy and Gap. 

Luckily for us and Taylor is now able to wear shoes. Sooooo naturally, I’ve stocked up on some very cute, adorable shoes.

We’ve been advised that the day Taylor is able to walk that it is likely to be somewhat clumsy and without fear. So, if you should ever stumble across a cute little dark haired, green eyed girl making a wobbly run for the curb try your best to catch her before she falls flat on her face. I would be extremely appreciative J

Thank you Maria Piork for helping edit. Please be sure to follow her at Marialovestowrite.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment